Advances in screening for prostate cancer, management and therapy have dramatically improved patient care.
In 2014 and more recently, in 2015, I published several post about the Prostate cancer controversies: Seven critical prostate cancer controversies, as well as: What’s up on #ProstateCancerAwarenessMonth.
In recent 10 years, the management of prostate cancer experienced significant progress.
1) Active surveillance that allowed many more patients will undergo treatment (and side effects) when he did not need to be healed.
2) Patients with metastatic prostate cancer and castration-resistant, have improved overall survival expectancy through new innovative treatments.
3) The major contribution of MRI in the diagnosis of prostate specific cancer.
4) The prognostic usefulness of new prostate cancer biomarkers.
5) The comparability of outcomes between the continuous and intermittent ADT
Daily Uroblog Content Curation by: Vincent Hupertan,MD Urologist and Sexologist in Paris, Creator of http://uroBlog.net Follow @hupertan on Twitter and Linkedin. Ce site de donne aucun avis médical. Consultations/Appointements: http://ift.tt/1NXhdBv J'ai sélectionné pour les Followers de http://UroBlog.net ce post dans les catégories : Men's health, Prostate Cancer, urology